Create the best education programs, incorporated with modern technologies, to empower motivated students to excel.
What We Do
Develop and provide after school education programs for students in elementary, middle and high schools.
Why Choose Us
Our programs significantly improve the learning effectiveness through modern technologies. They enable students to build a solid foundation and advance ahead at the students’ own pace. Our programs empower students to achieve academic success in schools and get into advanced education programs.
- Founded Afficient Academy in August 2014, CEO of Afficient Academy since then
Vice President of R&D, Cadence Design Systems (July 2012 to July 2014)
Founded Sigrity in 1994, President of Sigrity (1994 to 2012)
Inventor or co-inventor of six US patents
“Silicon Valley Entrepreneur of the Year Award” (2012) by Chinese Institute of Engineers / USA – San Francisco Bay Area Chapter
“Entrepreneur of the Year Award” (2012) by Tsinghua Entrepreneur and Executive Club (TEEC)
University of California at Santa Cruz, Electrical Engineering Department Associate Professor (1999 – 2002)
IEEE Region 1 Technical Excellence Award (1998) by Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
Associate Editor for IEEE Transactions on Advanced Packaging (1994-1999)
State University of New York at Binghamton, Electrical Engineering Department Assistant Professor & Associate Professor (1990 – 1998)
Young Investigator Award (1993) by The National Science Foundation
Research Initiation Award (1991) by The National Science Foundation
Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering from University of California at Berkeley (1989)
B.S. in Electrical Engineering from Tsinghua University in Beijing China (1982)
Why Start Afficient Academy
Before founding Afficient Academy, Dr. Jiayuan Fang has been heavily involved in after-school education programs of his three children for over ten years.
It has been well recognized that regular schools lack sufficient training of basic skills and also lack sufficient mechanisms to let high performing students excel.
After experiencing various programs and having reviewed many others, Dr. Jiayuan Fang believes that a better after-school self-paced learning program needs to be and can be developed to fill the deficiencies of existing programs.
The program to be developed should have the following characteristics:
- Incorporation of modern technologies to allow interactive, prompt feedback and assessment of students’ work.
- Intelligence of the program to make learning adaptive and efficient.
- Flow that contains rigorous assessment and assurance that high standard is achieved on the completion of learned materials.
- Emphasis on self-learning of new materials, not just providing supplementary practice problems to regular school curriculum.
- Individualized supervision and advising.
- Alignment with national standards.